Tuesday, June 22, 2010

How do I safely remove brassy tones from naturally brassy hair?

After years of torturing my hair with drug store dyes, I閳ユ獫e finally managed to grow my hair out to its natural color. My thinking was that my natural hair color would probably be more flattering than any of my DIY experiments. Problem is my natural hair color which starts out at the root as a medium ashy brown seems to fade to a rusty, orange, brassy color with even minimal exposure to the sun (I閳ユ獫e been trying to wear a hat). My hair is only about chin length and already people have been describing my hair color as auburn or even red! This wouldn閳ユ獩 be a problem except for the fact that it makes my skin look really sickly. What is the cheapest (I閳ユ獡 a poor college student) least damaging, and low maintenance way to tweak my natural hair color?



How do I safely remove brassy tones from naturally brassy hair?

Hydrience hair color from Clairol (no ammonia)



or a color shampoo (check a salon for companies...I know Aveda used to have some)



How do I safely remove brassy tones from naturally brassy hair?

I think red hair is fabulous, but anyway. I used to dye my hair a light brown and because there was a percentage of bleach in the dye it made my hair brassy red. I used Napro Live Color Silver Toner to "dull" it down. It is available at supermarkets for a few dollars only.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
low rate loans